Women’s Health Services
Saint Michael’s Medical Center is a leader in the treatment of women’s health issues. Our highly skilled team of obstetrician/gynecologists and primary care physicians provide patient-focused, compassionate quality care using state-of-the-art technology in line with Saint Michael’s mission to heal with dignity and respect.
Saint Michael’s also is the home of a holistic women’s imaging, which offers the region’s most innovative diagnostics and procedures for breast cancer and other breast diseases, including screening, educational and support programs.
To schedule an appointment for diagnostic imaging tests such as mammography or bone density exams, call 973-465-2792.
Treating the Whole Woman
At Saint Michael’s, we believe in treating the whole woman—body, mind, and soul—offering diagnostic, treatment, wellness, education, and quality-of-life improvement services for the family. We also cater to a woman’s busy life, supporting her needs to coordinate her many other obligations. This is why we offer a continuum of care to ensure that we are helping you each step of the way in all your health care needs. We offer women personalized attention and extraordinary, customized service through our dedicated team of health care professionals.
Preventative medicine, such as testing and screening, is at the heart of our women’s healthcare programs as regularly scheduled examinations can help identify potential medical issues before they become critical. While Saint Michael’s offers generalized health tests for males and females through our Primary Care Center, there are a series of special exams and screenings offered especially for women. These include:
- A pelvic exam to check if internal female organs are normal by feeling their shape and size.
- A cervical exam, which can be performed in two stages:
- A digital colposcopy can be performed using a light and a low-power microscope to visually detect abnormalities in the cervix. If any are found, our team of medical experts will consult the patient regarding the appropriate treatment.
- Pap test, in which a small amount of tissue cells are extracted and examined for cancer or other potentially serious medical conditions.
- A breast exam to check for cancer by feeling and looking at the breasts. This can lead to a recommendation that a mammogram be performed at The Connie Dwyer Breast Center.
If any of these screenings indicate the need for further diagnostic testing, surgery or other specialized procedures, Saint Michael’s medical staff consists of top-notch medical specialists in areas that greatly impact women’s health, including:
Our patient-centered team will coordinate every step of the healthcare process and will treat each patient and family member with the care and dignity they deserve to ensure the best possible experience and medical outcome.
Learn more about:
- 3D Mammography
- Breast Cancer Future
- High Risk Lifestyle Modifications
- Calcifications & Microcalcifications
- Pathology Report
- Fibrocystic Changes
Contact Us Today
Our Primary Care Practice is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For Internal Medicine, call 973-877-5081 to schedule an appointment with one of our board-certified internists.To schedule an appointment for diagnostic imaging tests such as mammography or bone density exams, call 973-465-2792.