Peter Ho Memorial Center
The Peter Ho Memorial Center is the first and largest HIV/AIDS treatment clinic in New Jersey. We provide comprehensive medical services, case management, psychological services, nutrition counseling, and substance-abuse counseling for people who are HIV positive or have AIDS.
Rapid On-site HIV Testing
Main Testing Site: Mondays thru Fridays 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Walk-ins Welcome)
Late Nights: Tuesdays & Fridays (11 a.m. to 7 p.m.) – (by appt only after 4pm; last appt 6 p.m.)
Emergency Room: Mondays & Thursdays- 5:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m., and rotating Saturdays & Sundays 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. – ER admits only, NO walk-ins.
You must first call 973-877-5525 to verify business hours and staff availability before walking into the testing site.
Linkage to Care Department
- Links newly HIV-diagnosed or known positives to Medical and Case Management Services
- Connects patients who are lost to care back to Medical and Case Management treatment
- Provides harm reduction education
- Provides referral for PrEP treatment for high-risk HIV negative individuals
- Provides motivational counseling and free partner services
Patient Care Navigators: 973-877-5236 or 973-877-5532
- Infectious Disease Specialists (Physicians & Nurse Practitioners)
- Medical Assistants
- Patient Care Coordinator
- Patient Registrars
- Retention Coordinator
- Medical Case Managers (ADDP, PAAD, HICP, HIPP)
- HIV Counselors
- Community Outreach Workers
- Patient Navigators (PrEP & Linkage to Care)
- Mental Health Therapist
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Onsite Pharmacy
- Pain Management
- Ambulatory Care
- Off-site Oral Health
- Hospital-wide Network Support (Ophthalmology, Emergency Department, Primary Care, Radiology, GYN/PAP, Clinical Research, Liver Care)
Ryan White CARE Act, Parts A & F
Minority AIDS Initiative
Division of HIV, STD and TB Services, New Jersey Department of Health
Who is Peter Ho?
Peter Ho’s philosophy of life transcended his physical existence. His kindness and charity to his fellow man was expressed in many ways. In one instance, he took a struggling, failing medical student into his home and fed and tutored this student to a successful graduation, not only because he had faith in this student, but, because he had faith in all mankind. His attitude towards money was that it should be used to help those in need.
We here at Saint Michael’s Medical Center, in tribute to this caring, unselfish, truly altruistic man, have instituted a clinic in his name, the Peter Ho Memorial Clinic, in order that we too, may try and carry on his legacy work in Medicine and to perpetuate his philosophy of love and help to mankind.
Peter Ho Memorial Center Consumer Advisory Board (CAB)
- CAB is an advisory committee of consumers who meet on an ongoing basis to:
- Review services and provide recommendations
- Raise awareness of innovative ideas and issues
- Address other tasks as necessary
- Hold monthly meetings
- Recruit members
- Obtain and distribute pharmaceutical support
CAB members provide an appropriate representation for advocacy on behalf of individuals who are receiving health care services from the Peter Ho Memorial Center.
For more information, please call 973-877-5649.