To maintain the quality of our program, our volunteers must meet the following minimum requirements.
- Be 18+ years of age
- Submit completed application
- Provide 2 letters of recommendation with your application – one personal and one professional (teacher, guidance counselor, supervisor, etc.)
- Work a minimum of 4 hours a week.
- Commit to a 6-month assignment or complete 100 hours of volunteer service per year
- Attend a 2-hour Volunteer Orientation
- Complete a health screening including annual TB testing
- Pass a criminal background screening
Due to the high volume of volunteer applications that we receive, we are unable to grant service hours to every applicant. After careful consideration, each applicant is selected based on both experience and placement opportunities/availability.
Because of this, please understand that not all applicants will be selected and/or contacted to volunteer. If your application is selected, you will be contacted and invited for an informational session/ interview. Those invited to join our team as a volunteer will be required to submit a completed health screening and background check authorization (18 years and older) before your volunteer assignment begins.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Saint Michael’s Medical Center. At this time, we are currently not accepting new applications for our volunteer program. We value your commitment to making a difference and encourage you to check back in December 2023.
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com.