Saint Michael’s Medical Center offers patients access to the most up-to-date radiology systems and devices available today, operated by the leading team of radiological professionals in the state. These advantages allow the hospital to provide high-quality diagnostic and treatment services with, in most cases, 24-hour turnaround for test results.
Physician radiologists from University Radiology Group provide around-the-clock, 24/7 on-site staffing in the Saint Michael’s Medical Imaging Department and at the hospital’s Connie Dwyer Breast Center. University Radiology Group is the largest provider of subspecialty radiology and teleradiology services in New Jersey. University Radiology medical professionals interpret more than 1.2 million individual radiological procedures annually.
For further information, contact us at 973-877-5290.
Among the 50 Board-certified radiologists credentialed at Saint Michael’s from University Radiology, nine are interventional and two specialize in neurology. Services provided by the University Radiology team include:
- Neuroradiology/Neuro magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Body & Musculoskeletal MRI
- Cardiac MRI
- Vascular Ultrasound
- Nuclear Medicine
- Interventional Radiology
- General Diagnostic Radiology
- Women’s Diagnostics
Both the Chairman of Radiology Services at Saint Michael’s – Dr. Anthony Yudd – and the Imaging Director at the Connie Dwyer Breast Center – Dr. Dipti Pandya – are part of the University Radiology team.
In addition to offering patients the services of the top radiologists in the state, Saint Michael’s Medical Center provides access to a wide range of state-of-the-art radiological equipment. These systems and devices include:
- 64-Slice Computed Tomography
- 3D Tomosynthesis Mammography
- Nuclear Medicine
- Bone Densitometry
- Barium Studies
Learn more about:
With expert staffing and leading-edge equipment, Saint Michael’s has been able to significantly decrease turnaround times on imaging reports, which now are finalized and reported 24 hours a day. Furthermore, the hospital’s radiology team is in direct contact with Emergency Department physicians around the clock for complex cases.
A number of highly technical radiological procedures now are being performed safely and efficiently in the Saint Michael’s Medical Imaging Department. A brief sampling of these include:
- Inserting a TIPS, or a transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt: The procedure, needed in cases of severe liver problems, creates a connection between two blood vessels in the liver using imaging devices for proper location and installation.
- Implanting a biliary stent: This involves inserting a tube through a catheter into the duct connecting the liver and gallbladder to ensure that bile needed for the digestive process can flow freely after being produced by the liver.
- Performing a mesenteric angiography: This procedure can involve either the small or large intestine and provides sharper imaging of an artery, allowing the radiologist to dissolve a blood clot, open a blockage with a balloon or insert a stent into a weakened vessel.
You can count on the outstanding medical professionals at Saint Michael’s Medical Center to provide you with the highest-quality medical imaging services available in the region. To learn more about the Medical Imaging Department, please call 973-877-5290. To schedule a procedure, call 973-465-2792. To obtain test results, call 973-877-5191. For either Saint James medical record retrieval or Columbus medical record retrieval, call 973-877-5286.