Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment
The Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment (OSAT) Facility at Saint Michael’s Medical Center is located within the hospital and near most public transportation. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call us at 973-877-4357.
Our team of professionals includes licensed, certified, and or approved counselor interns from a variety of disciplines that interact and coordinate efforts to diagnose as well as plan the approach for the treatment of substance use disorders and other addictions. Our comprehensive program is supported by our mental health specialists and advanced practice nurse. Saint Michael’s OSAT currently provides two levels of care: Intensive Outpatient (IOP) and Outpatient (OP) Ambulatory Care, for adult women and men, aged 18 and older.
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Gender Specific Services
- Family Counseling
- Psychoeducation Sessions
- Didactic Lectures
- Co-Occurring Services
- Emotional Intelligence/Anger Management Groups
- Parenting Skills
- Community Outreach and Education
- Referrals to Detox Community Resources
- Breakfast and lunch provided
- Transportation to and from treatment
- Monitored Urine Drug Screens (MUDS)
Psychiatric Evaluations – Psychiatric evaluations are conducted for every client within 72 hours.
- Psychiatric consultations available every 30 days or as needed.
- Psychotropic medications, including Vivitrol.
- Medication education and follow-up Consults
Funding Sources Include:
- DMHAS Fee For Service Networks
- Driving Under the Influence Initiative (DUII)
- State Board Probation (SBP)
- Interim Service Initiative (ISI)
- Intensive Supervision Program (ISP)
- Drug Court Initiative (DCI)
- Interim Service Preadmission Care
- Management (ISPCM)
- New Jersey Substance Initiative (NJSI)
- Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (CPRS)
- Click here to see the list of insurance plans we accept
- Interim Management Entity (IME)
- Non-Insured Accepted
Self Pay Sliding Scale
- Income-based sliding scale fee schedule based on the current year federal poverty guidelines.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call us at 973-877-4357. You can also fax your referrals to fax number: 973-388-2165.
Our facility is conveniently located in Saint Michael’s Medical Center in Building C, 8th Floor, Newark, NJ. Enter the hospital through Outpatient Entrance off Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd, take the elevator to the third floor, make a right out of the elevator to the end of the hallway, then take the elevator #13 to the 8th Floor.
The office is open from 8:00 am through 4:00 pm with respect for all State Holidays. Emergency closings will be notified via calls, text and or emails.
Walk in Intakes are welcome Monday through Friday if arriving by 2:00 pm. Evening and other hours are available by appointment only.
This program is Licensed by the NJ DOH/DMHAS Office of Certificate of Need.